Link To Us
Please read this guideline carefully for compliance. This readiness checklist is designed to help you prepare your manuscript prior to printing. Compliance will ensure on time delivery of your books.
Automatic title listing in Author, Inc. online store for all books. Available binding styles vary by type of book. Spiral and comb binding not accepted for distribution.
- Only PDF files with embedded images and fonts can be accepted for print.
- All Images must be saved as 300 dpi in CMYK format
- Bleed: Background must extend .125” beyond final trim size to allow for cutting clearance. Additional bleed is encouraged.
- Image and text placement must be .25" inside trim lines so it is not cut off when trimmed. More room is recommended.
Perfect Bound Book Covers:
- Spine measurement is .25% per 100 pages.
- Formula: Pages x 0.0025 = spine in inches
- Allow at least .125” variance on spine on either side of spine text. Avoid hard vertical lines separating front and back.
Wire Bound Covers:
- Final version should include front and back cover, each centered on separate pages for a total of 2 pages in 1 pdf file.
Cover design services provided by Author, Inc. meet all of these specifications.
*Cover artwork files that do not meet these submission guidelines will not be accepted for print.
We recommend you consult with us before choosing a book size and configuration for distribution. Not all sizes are distributed.
Importing *.rtf files into The Publisher software
Manuscripts created in rich text format (as supported by most word processors) can be imported into The Publisher software in preparation for printing. The Publisher can then be used for physical layout and design to produce a print-ready file, acceptable for submission.
Export your manuscript from your source program as an *.rtf file with the following settings:
We can accept pdf book files for publishing if it meets these guidelines: